Damn Cat!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by chickie<3, Aug 25, 2010.

1. chickie<3

chickie<3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I have 2 12 week old pullet who free range all day in my fenced in yard..early last night my chickens were hanging with us on the patio and i spotted a cat by the coop..i was ENRAGED...i chased the cat away..safely put my girls in the coop and locked it up..i was nervous letting them out this morning...I never saw a cat in my yard in all the years i've been here..and we have a lot of neighrbors with cats wandering out front but never in my yard...The cat is small...is it possible that my girls can kick the cats butt...or should i do something to make sure the cat stays away...any suggestion???

2. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I am in the process of trying to catch a big yellow tom cat that is eating my full grown hens. I can't leave my hens in the chicken yard because it's too far away from the house. So every morning I go get them and bring them up to the yard by the house and keep them close until we can manage to eliminate that cat. I had a fence go down in a storm and some dogs got in before we were able to get the fence back up and killed 5 of my hens. We fixed the fence but kept loosing hens in the middle of the day. My son finally saw the cat getting one of my hens and managed to save the hen but lost the opportunity to kill the cat, so now we are trying to trap it.

So if you see that cat again don't chase it off shoot it.

3. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Didn't you know? Cats don't hurt chickens! [​IMG]
    Those who keep repeating this are welcome to come view the corpses. All 30+ corpses.
    The ONLY way I stopped the cats killing my chickens was to kill the cats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by