Dang Humid!!

lucyharper123

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 16, 2012
well i set my eggs yesterday at a temp of 37.5 and 55% humid then some nice people quickly corrected me and told me my humid was soo high i quickly ran up and changed the bators humid but its still the same any idea how to get rid of it ? and my incubator is fully automatic thanks :)

What make and model incubator do you have? That way, people familiar with that incubator can give you pretty specific advice.

I don't know what you mean by it being fully automatic. It sounds liek it is not like my Hovabator 1588 which has reservoirs in the bottom. I control the humidity by which size reservoir I fill. In this type, water surface area is what controls humidity. To increase humidity you can fill more reservoirs or add a sponge or towel that will wick the water out and provide more surface area so more water can evaporate. To drop humidity, take that stuff out or just use smaller reservoirs. It may take a while for a larger one to go dry. Another way to immediately drop the humidity without waiting for it to totally dry out is to cover it, maybe with foil to reduce the surface area.

If you have another type of incubatorm this won't help you at all.

Good luck!

My incubator is a king suro 20 it controls the humidity and temp by its self or supposto:-V it also turns the eggs for me but now i have a higrometer and thermostat bu when i first pit them in it wa way down at 20% will my hatch be ok do you think ive raised it to 35% or close to it thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom