Dang it Now What

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 7L Farm, Oct 8, 2010.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I guess I'll ask Y'all. Here's the scenario. Got my first egg Yea. Next day Nada. Next day another egg. Today Nada. They are RIR's. They free range but I supervise.

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    If they are young birds, it will take them a little while to catch their rythym. You may want to check under bushes, in barns, under buildings, etc to see if they are laying eggs somewhere other than the nest boxes.

3. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I just got back from the coop & sure enough found an egg in the nest. I apologized but also stated that I can eat more than one egg every other day & by the way we all need to pay our way. They just cocked their head at me & looked at me like is this guy serious.

4. lacasitarojafarm

lacasitarojafarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Skagit Valley, WA
    [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    You have to squeeze them every day. Didn't anyone tell you that?

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:But squeeze gently - too hard and you may not like what poops....I mean pops out. [​IMG]

7. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I'm having a hard enough time trying to get breakfast. By the way I like my eggs fried not scrambled.

8. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    I feel your pain...mine started laying...excitement over finding the eggs...next day...nothing...dissappointment. Yet, everyday, the Rooster crows to remind me that I need to come outside with the treats. My dogs bark until I give them treats...and I want nothing to do with what they are laying. The kids remind me repeatedly until they get their treats and lay thing down everywhere. Who is in charge here??? When did I go from Boss to Hired Hand??? I want a treat...who do I go to??? WAAAAAHHHHH!!!

9. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:you could tape a "NO FREELOADERS" sign in their coop, along with a picture of colonel sanders

10. yelim

yelim Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Plant City, Florida
    Told mine last week that I was gonna be gone for a few days and ny brother was feeding and watering. I told them to behave themselves, although he is a nice guy he does love fried chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by