Dang it Now What

7L Farm

Songster
9 Years
Jul 22, 2010
Anderson, Texas
I guess I'll ask Y'all. Here's the scenario. Got my first egg Yea. Next day Nada. Next day another egg. Today Nada. They are RIR's. They free range but I supervise.

If they are young birds, it will take them a little while to catch their rythym. You may want to check under bushes, in barns, under buildings, etc to see if they are laying eggs somewhere other than the nest boxes.

I just got back from the coop & sure enough found an egg in the nest. I apologized but also stated that I can eat more than one egg every other day & by the way we all need to pay our way. They just cocked their head at me & looked at me like is this guy serious.

yuckyuck.gif

I feel your pain...mine started laying...excitement over finding the eggs...next day...nothing...dissappointment. Yet, everyday, the Rooster crows to remind me that I need to come outside with the treats. My dogs bark until I give them treats...and I want nothing to do with what they are laying. The kids remind me repeatedly until they get their treats and lay thing down everywhere. Who is in charge here??? When did I go from Boss to Hired Hand??? I want a treat...who do I go to??? WAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Told mine last week that I was gonna be gone for a few days and ny brother was feeding and watering. I told them to behave themselves, although he is a nice guy he does love fried chicken.

Back
Top Bottom