d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

same here Cynthia, 22 at the GA/FL line this morning. We were upper 70's low 80's all last week, today the bowls never thawed out, tonight's supposed to be the coldest yet, upper teens low 20's, then 80 again by mid week. Mine cant decide what to do, every time they get started good, we get a massive cold snap like this and it shuts them down again.... oh well, it is just starting Feb good, March will be much better. still hatched 54 birds this weekend though

Here's our forecast for the next week or so- you can see we're back up to about 60* soon. Take about 5* off the low for me since I'm actually several hundred feet higher than the town of Mineral Bluff, so colder.

10 Day Forecast - °F | °C
sun mon tue wed thu fri sat sun mon tue
feb
wx_85.png

Clear
38°
20°

feb
wx_65.png

M Sunny
49°
32°

feb
wx_79.png

Rain/Snow
43°
34°

feb
wx_66.png

P Cloudy
59°
42°

feb
wx_82.png

Rain
60°
36°

feb
wx_85.png

Sunny
54°
31°

feb
wx_66.png

P Cloudy
54°
32°

feb
wx_66.png

P Cloudy
53°
37°

feb
wx_85.png

Sunny
59°
41°

feb
wx_67.png

Cloudy
61°
40°

Last edited:
whew, that's too cold for me, we were in the mid 20's again last night, but by Thursday we're looking at near 80 again, that extra 250 miles south makes a world of difference, that and we're close to sea level here

Both of you can Kiss My Grits.. I am taking my little love away from that mean woman in GA and JJ you watch yourself man, I may sneak a d'uccle boy to your house to assault your d'anver hens and laugh like hell when you get a batch of hairy legged and footed d'anvers with GOOD attitudes and you are scratching your head saying "WTH HAPPENED?" *smirk*

And you Ms. Cynthia...you know Suede is perfect and you stuck him with defective women. How dare you insinuate his fertility and or studliness is in question.

same here Cynthia, 22 at the GA/FL line this morning. We were upper 70's low 80's all last week, today the bowls never thawed out, tonight's supposed to be the coldest yet, upper teens low 20's, then 80 again by mid week. Mine cant decide what to do, every time they get started good, we get a massive cold snap like this and it shuts them down again.... oh well, it is just starting Feb good, March will be much better. still hatched 54 birds this weekend though

Do you use those outside brooders that you posted a picture of, this early in the year?

jj

Imm a warning ya gravy boy *snicker* I am foreseeing hairy legged birds at your place. You just wait until my new "party anvers" hatch...these little d'anvers wearing pantaloons and attitude will be a force to be reckoned with.. muahahahaha

*she sneaks away snickering*

Back
Top Bottom