1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Boggy Bottom Bantams, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    same here Cynthia, 22 at the GA/FL line this morning. We were upper 70's low 80's all last week, today the bowls never thawed out, tonight's supposed to be the coldest yet, upper teens low 20's, then 80 again by mid week. Mine cant decide what to do, every time they get started good, we get a massive cold snap like this and it shuts them down again.... oh well, it is just starting Feb good, March will be much better. still hatched 54 birds this weekend though

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Here's our forecast for the next week or so- you can see we're back up to about 60* soon. Take about 5* off the low for me since I'm actually several hundred feet higher than the town of Mineral Bluff, so colder.

10 Day Forecast - °F | °C
    sun mon tue wed thu fri sat sun mon tue
    feb
    [​IMG]
    Clear
    38°
    20°

feb
    [​IMG]
    M Sunny
    49°
    32°

feb
    [​IMG]
    Rain/Snow
    43°
    34°

feb
    [​IMG]
    P Cloudy
    59°
    42°

feb
    [​IMG]
    Rain
    60°
    36°

feb
    [​IMG]
    Sunny
    54°
    31°

feb
    [​IMG]
    P Cloudy
    54°
    32°

feb
    [​IMG]
    P Cloudy
    53°
    37°

feb
    [​IMG]
    Sunny
    59°
    41°

feb
    [​IMG]
    Cloudy
    61°
    40°

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    whew, that's too cold for me, we were in the mid 20's again last night, but by Thursday we're looking at near 80 again, that extra 250 miles south makes a world of difference, that and we're close to sea level here

4. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like those going to the show this weekend will have nice weather. SO who all is going? SHowing?
    Best of Luck.

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Both of you can Kiss My Grits.. I am taking my little love away from that mean woman in GA and JJ you watch yourself man, I may sneak a d'uccle boy to your house to assault your d'anver hens and laugh like hell when you get a batch of hairy legged and footed d'anvers with GOOD attitudes and you are scratching your head saying "WTH HAPPENED?" *smirk*

And you Ms. Cynthia...you know Suede is perfect and you stuck him with defective women. How dare you insinuate his fertility and or studliness is in question.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, Lord, we got her riled up again, JJ! [​IMG]

7. Backwoods Bntms

Backwoods Bntms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    All I did was post some pictures.[​IMG] I was'nt trying to stir (gravy) anything.

jj

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  8. Backwoods Bntms

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Do you use those outside brooders that you posted a picture of, this early in the year?

jj

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Imm a warning ya gravy boy *snicker* I am foreseeing hairy legged birds at your place. You just wait until my new "party anvers" hatch...these little d'anvers wearing pantaloons and attitude will be a force to be reckoned with.. muahahahaha

*she sneaks away snickering*

10. Backwoods Bntms

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Hairy legged chickens and gravy [​IMG] can I have some taters too? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by