d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I am not sure my carpentry skills are up to Kentucky code. You all use squares and reciprocating saws and stuff. I am a hatchet and chainsaw guy.

I have those too. And I live so far out I practice the theory of "hang the Code. They are more like guidelines anyway".

I'm terrible at commenting on youngsters growing out, so I leave that pretty much to JJ and Aubrey.

Mina is really filling out now that she has passed 18 weeks of age. She's very pretty, but Lucy, who is two weeks younger and very petite-bodied, has larger spots on her feathers.

This is Mina, who I will grudgingly sell with Aubrey as a pair:

Mina in the back, Lucy in front:

Ace, who is 14 weeks old now:

Last edited:
Cyn, that Lucy is adorable! I cannot get over how much Ace and my Bob look alike. I have been going through the babies trying to decide which male(s) I would keep before the sale on Saturday....As Cheyenne has named two of them already it looks like they will stay. So for Mille d'Anvers we will have.....Bob, Bud, Calypso, Sara and Blondie plus of course My Little Love, Rufus. I am also keeping the youngest pair of d'Anver/d'Uccle babies (Bert and Dolly) I have 4 d'Anver/d'Uccle eggs under a broody silkie and 3 in the incubator.

Coch'anvers I am keeping a trio of Lavenders, a pair of splits and the youngest split boy, Batman. I really need JJ to come build me a new d'Anver townhouse complex. hahahahaha

I have got to get some updated pics of everyone for you. Will do that in the next couple of days.

I know Ace is Carly's son, but as far as who sired him, I rather doubt Rufus, judging by his comb. I'm betting he's a split. Angus had a pretty good comb and Aubrey does, but Aubrey's appears like the bumps are "melted" and smooth, if you know what I mean, so if I had to just guess, I bet Aubrey is his sire, though I suppose he could just be taking after his mama.

Back
Top Bottom