d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Hey jj u wouldn't happen to have a brown red roo would
You
I am now 100% sure that mine is a roo and would be
Interested in knowing what hes going to mature into
Thanks
Cole

Hey jj u wouldn't happen to have a brown red roo would
You
I am now 100% sure that mine is a roo and would be
Interested in knowing what hes going to mature into
Thanks
Cole
Sorry I don't, but he should be the color of any brown red rooster. The easiest way for me to explain is picture a lemon blue with instead of blue it will be black. You could shearch for a picture of a brown red game cock and that should give an idea. Here is a brown red game gird.

Well a few pages or maybe the last page you posted a pic of a brown red pullet
I believe and mine started exactly like that and even aubrey thought it was a
Pullet but since this last month he's started crowing and now all the gold feathers
He had are now all red and orange
Thanks jj
Cole

Cole, I would like to see a picture. I still think mine is a pullet because all the roos that hatched at the same time are definately roos. I just don't have a brown red roo to compare her to.

jj

Took a few pics of the Fab Five out with their two mamas, plus a couple of videos. Two have some shoulder feathers. The one with the KLF has patterned shoulder feathers and her fungus has a pattern, too, LOL, so hoping for a pullet on that one. The other one has clean buff shoulder feathers so guessing male on that one. The others are being slowpokes on theirs.

First, links to both short vids on my photobucket:
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/Mtnviewpoultry/Video Clips/?action=view&current=DSCN6028.mp4
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/Mtnviewpoultry/Video Clips/?action=view&current=DSCN6008.mp4

Bedtime! There are 5 kids under those two small hens somewhere.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I feel like it's been forever since I've been on here!!!! I don't know if you remember me, I have a little d'anver quail hen named Olive who I do showmanship with and in 4-H. I recently got 2nd out of 14 children in my experienced senior class at the Northeastern Poultry Show, I am very pleased!!!!

Anyways, I have exciting news... She's broody!!!! I saw that speckledhen's birds were too! How common is it for d'anvers to go broody? She will be hatching a few eggs of silver penciled plymouth rock bantams and/or mille fleur d'uccles from a friend of mine. Thanks everyone! I'll post pics soon, she's grown up so much!

been gone a while too, dont worry about it, LOL

I've been tied up with all my summer time off shore fishing and all that good stuff, been out of town for a long time seems like.

Will try to get caught back up with every one. Just a quick scan threw and saw a lot of nice new pics.

JJ those creles are looking pretty good by the way.

Cole on yours if it genetically is a brown red, it will look just like a bb red rooster, just without the wing triangle, will be a solid black wing.
That's the only male difference in birchens and duckwings. The hens are where all the difference is. They are solid black with red/gold lace to the breast area. But if it still looks like JJ's recent pic and is crowing, well you got me there??? Might be a gender freak or something haha

Back
Top Bottom