d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I know, hard to figure the logistics to get him to you. Sigh. You know, for all I complain about him, Aubrey the Terrible is a super dad. He's so good with chicks and young pullets. I love the way he feeds them and lets them pick at him, so patient with them.

Tom is where I got my silver quail rooster that started the silver craze at my place. Been trying to get a hold of him. It would be alot easier to buy the common colors but not near as much fun. Plus I was thinking that if you buy a pair or trio you don't know how close related or how much they have been line bred. If I can make some half decent ones then buy a pair I will have two lines to start my own breeding program with. Don't know if it's the smart thing to do but it makes sense to me.

I was thinking if I used one of the washed out blue quails with the blacks there should be less red leakage than if I used a good bay colored blue quail. It that right?
haha, yep if you dig deep enough, most everybody, not all, but close, that has silvers got them from me, or from some body who did.
So on those, for sure it doesnt hurt to add to them like you have been doing. If everyone would breed that way, we'd have strong blood lines in these new colors. You cant be scared to "project up" some eggs from time to time, cause that's the only way to keep vigor in the varieties, adding new blood that is.

Yes sounds about right on the blue project, if you had a splash quail that'd be even better cause you'd get all blues then instead of half blue and half black

no not poor ol Aubrey!! Thought he was the man! lol

still funny to see my name in what you type about them haha someone who didnt know any better would begin to wonder if they were'nt " up" on this thread haha

By the way, just a little unrelated info I wanted to pass on. Someone is using my web name to promote their little rinky dinky website.
I have filed a complaint about it to them and their server. I just mainly want folks to know so to avoid confusion with the two of us.
Kinda irritating to me though. It's not my full blown name, he drops bantams and adds farms. But when you get on the home page, it is in fact called Boggy Bottom Bantams. SO, everyone beware of this issue and please dont mix up the two and think you are dealing with me.
If it aint got d'anvers and long tails, it's the wrong one. I'm hoping his server will work with me on this
anyway Just needed to get that out and hope there's no confusion

Here are some of my chickens not using the roosts I built for them. I am going to set out there one evening and watch how this goes.

I have wire soffits in this coop, so every morning I have a poop welcome mat.

Last edited:
Well, I just today sold all five 13 week old pullets, the two lavender Coch'anver pullets who just finished being broody, and Ace.

I'm left with Aubrey, my original three Mille hens, plus Mina and Lucy, and of course, Molly, the Silver Phoenix. Guess I'll just keep Aubrey for the time being. Was thinking of keeping Ace around, but he was becoming attached to the five pullets so I let him go with his young harem.

Last edited:
Well, I just today sold all five 13 week old pullets, the two lavender Coch'anver pullets who just finished being broody, and Ace.

I'm left with Aubrey, my original three Mille hens, plus Mina and Lucy, and of course, Molly, the Silver Phoenix. Guess I'll just keep Aubrey for the time being. Was thinking of keeping Ace around, but he was becoming attached to the five pullets so I let him go with his young harem.
Glad you found some one who wanted them. Now you and Aubrey can bond,
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom