d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Glad you found some one who wanted them. Now you and Aubrey can bond,
frow.gif
Hmm, if that means I can catch him without him flying into walls and then trying to take a chunk out of my arm when I do catch him, then I sure hope so!
lol.png
I can't believe it took so long to even find homes for pullets. It was a long time customer who has bought many birds from me over the years and to whom I've gifted some birds who took them all. Her name is Amy, so thank you, Amy! Maybe it helped that four of the five Mille pullets were from my hen named Aimee.

Last edited:
haha probley didnt hurt did it.

and yep thats odd to take that long to move them, especially being what they were. Those are some of the hardest to find, and highest in demand seems like most of the time??? Go figure.

Now when you dont have any, that's when people will be beating down your door for them. Least that's how it seems to work for me.

Glad to hear they got new homes though, and that you kept my name sake

That's the main thing that made me hesitant to let the little pitbull go, that he was named after one of my favorite BYC folks! I think he's even show-worthy, to tell the truth. Wish I could get a recent good picture of him, but it's impossible to sneak up on that little whippersnapper and he sure has a hate-hate relationship with the camera, LOL.

If someone wants hatching eggs, those I have! I think Lucy finally gave me her first egg yesterday. Found a tiny little egg that really didn't seem to belong to any of the others in that group. She is 28 weeks old so it's time.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if there was a D'anvers thread around here and up it popped! Perfect timing. This is my Husband's little guy Fidget, who is about 5 months old now and about 4 months in the picture. (I call him Pimp Stick lol) He cracks me up every day he's such a little character.

)

Welcome, Thassa! You are in quite a chilly spot, aren't you? One of my favorite authors wrote about the Adirondack Park in her autobiographical series "Woodswoman", the late Anne LaBastille. Have you read them?

The D'Anvers are nothing if not characters! Cute little man you have there.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it can get quite chilly here, the worst I've seen was 2 winters ago when it got down to about-38F. My furnace didn't shut off all night! Its been in the 40s the last week and rainy, weather only ducks like!

I've heard of Anne Labastille, but haven't read any of her books, in fact a friend of mine bought and renovated a great camp that is on the same lake as Ann was on.

That's the main thing that made me hesitant to let the little pitbull go, that he was named after one of my favorite BYC folks! I think he's even show-worthy, to tell the truth. Wish I could get a recent good picture of him, but it's impossible to sneak up on that little whippersnapper and he sure has a hate-hate relationship with the camera, LOL.

If someone wants hatching eggs, those I have! I think Lucy finally gave me her first egg yesterday. Found a tiny little egg that really didn't seem to belong to any of the others in that group. She is 28 weeks old so it's time.
haha, I feel the same way Cyn!!

and yep in the past week or two I have finally been getting more eggs. They all dried up in mid July on me, was getting worried I may have hurt myself by not keeping any spring eggs for myself on the normal colors. Finally getting afew so maybe I'll be OK now...

and Lord tell me about it, they all hate the camera. My gingers will actually work like little raptors and seek attack you, or the camera in your face while one has you occupied for the picture...

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it can get quite chilly here, the worst I've seen was 2 winters ago when it got down to about-38F. My furnace didn't shut off all night! Its been in the 40s the last week and rainy, weather only ducks like!

I've heard of Anne Labastille, but haven't read any of her books, in fact a friend of mine bought and renovated a great camp that is on the same lake as Ann was on.
thanks for looking us up Thassa, always good to see another person who likes our little mongerels.

Been from south Georgia, I dont think I could handle temps like that.. haha we got into the low 60's for a day or two last week at night and every one was breaking out their jackets already haha

good looking little boy yall have there though, really like the chest on him

I'm so sorry, Kathryn. Sometimes, you just have to live with the mystery of why you lose one and I really hate that. I usually have to know why if it's at all possible. Angus is still a mystery to me, though he was the only one who contracted pneumonia as a chick during damp and bizarre changing weather, so he may have had some internal weakness that just caught up with him.

Back
Top Bottom