d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Thank you both so much. I will be on the lookout for early pips. :)
The d'anver eggs are so tiny. It's hard to,believe that a chick will have enough room to develop inside. We're only on Day 4 here. I saw some veining in the silkie eggs but wasn't sure about any of the d'anvers yet. I plan to candle again tomorrow with a brighter light.

Sorry I thought someone had got by a already too. But yes ALL chickens are 21 days. Some of the small bantams hatch a day sooner and if you run at 100 degrees and not 99.5 its a day sooner too.

cyn
If that's the mom of the rooster he should be blue. There's got to be something else going on, or that boy is one of the very dark blues that looks black and is just hard to see cause of the silver and barred influences. He should be blue though

Yes, the splash hen is definitely the mom of that rooster, Aubrey. She and my blue Ameraucana hen are older and don't lay much anymore, but when they do, it usually is not at the same time and their eggs are different and easy to tell apart. So, no mistake about whose egg it was. They are the only blue egg layers in the main flock now. Maybe Storm just didn't read the rules of genetics and needs to go stand in the corner of the coop for punishment, lol.

Last edited:
Like I said....if it cannot happen...it will happen here. Aubrey he is black with a beautiful green sheen to it. I will get a good pic of him because he is a mystery and amazing to me for sure. Love him.

She's a splash, all right. She came out of BBS Ameraucana eggs from Cree Farms stock, the folks in Washington State.

Here is Snow again, less dirty, at a younger age, back in 2010.

Here she is back in 2009 (Snow is going on 6 years old now)

Last edited:
Well she's bearded and rose combed. The cockerel looks bearded and rose combed which is good as both ate dominant genes . But blue is too. Its just yje laws of genetics ??? Its not supposed to happen, technically its impossible haha who knows ??

Back
Top Bottom