d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
that's great to hear ...I hate when they power goes out here. I know they'll be fine for up to a day, been there done that...but it still makes me a nervous wreck waiting on it to come back on.

I started going back through the entire thread from page 1 and saw my first post. It was December 7, 2009! I had forgotten how long I've been admiring your birds, Aubrey . Back to reviewing the thread while waiting for my first D'Anvers to hatch--they are going into Day 12 now.

I saw you mentioned you had barred porcelain F1s back in June or so. Any pics? Did those get off the ground?

ETA: One more porcelain quit, unfortunately, but such is the nature of shipped eggs. Every single Mille Fleur is fine, as are the remaining two porcelains.
fl.gif
for every one of those to hatch!

Last edited:
I figured that was the case since I didn't see a mention of it in later posts. You'd better get right on that, buddy! You just don't have enough to keep you busy!
tongue.png

I have to say that I love candling the D'Anver eggs! So super easy to see!

haha, I hear ya, need about 400 more... yep there is nothing easier to candle than one of them for sure.
Oh we got your stom here now too by the way, thanks!

alreadt blew over one of my massive oak trees into the yard, figured I'd see if your hubby could come cut it up for me, LOL
Now saying it's gonna do this every day this week...yaaaaa

Wow, I'm glad that nothing was damaged. I assume nothing was anyway. We have had three days of pretty extreme wind here also in NH and it's really cold again too. It's been 15-20 degrees at night and maybe 40-45 during the day with the wind chill factored in. Terrible Spring.
barnie.gif
I must say though, ever since I broke down my huge fresh water aquarium over six months ago not one power outage! Why is this?

Hope you fare well through the week, my babies lives depend on it!!
pop.gif

yep, mine too, wont even think of cutting this big boy up with that, just glad it was where it was and not a few hundred feet to the east of it would have went right threw all the bantam runs...

Hey, BBB, I get the chicken picture of the day thing with the picture and caption... beautiful birds today from you, apparently!!!

was it???
They contacted me a while back asking to use some, told them that was fine, should have been the second or thrid one they've used...honestly though, I wouldnt even know where to look to see it, LOL

Back
Top Bottom