d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

Pics
well i would view them using my puter but as you can see aubrey is using it lol
tongue.png
tell him to get me a laptop for christmas, maybe he'll listen to you. HA!!
big_smile.png

lau.gif
OH Hi Amiee, I didn't even see your name and the Boggy Bottom Bantams Website in your sig. I would have figured you where Aubrey's wife then LOL Well then I guess you already get to see them in person then don't you ? LOL I can't wait to come out and meet both of you and see all these birds you all have. Has Aubrey told you he's gotten me hooked on longtails and he's almost got me ready to get a hole pile of pheasants, then he just had to go post all these dAnvers on here, now I want them too and it's nearly impossible to pick just one color of them, gosh he's killin me. Anyway it's good to hear from you too Aimee.

And Aubrey, Get'er a laptop so she can join in here with the rest of us. LOL And I've got some space in my Inbox open, at the moment at least. I'll let ya know when I hear from all these pheasant people.

Boggy Bottom Bantams shame on you for posting those photos! I have no more room for another pen but I may have to start re working the yard so I can have a trio of the Porcelain D' anvers, oh be still my heart. They are beautiful.

Thanks herechickchick,
Glad you like them, didnt mean to make you have to go to work over them though, of course, I've got to do the smae thing this spring. I need to get about 30 color project pens built for them . Planning on making some more colors out of them here over the next 2-5 years, Hopfully at least....
I have to agree with you, the porcelains do look great, they are one of my favorites, and they turned out pretty much perfect for the breed too...
GeT YA SOME PENS REWORKED, WE'LL GET YA UP A FEW, LOL

Aubrey

OK Everyone, Today was the day I finally got to go to Boggy Bottom Bantams and meet Aubrey and all his birds, and pictures just don't do these little guys justice, those little d'Anvers are such cool little buggers and I'v pretty much got to get some in the spring, the hard part is deciding on a color because he has so many to chose from, I think the little silver quail hens are my favs and I'm really excited to see when he gets the lavender silver quail and all the other projects. And gosh the d'Anvers don't even make up half of what he has, he's got all kind of bantams like silkies, polish, sumatras, and another one of my favorites, phoenix bantams, then there's all the wild type turkeys, and some of the most awesome peafowl. So if you can't make it down here to south Ga. to see all these cool little birds, he's promised us he and Aimee will get their website updated over the holidays, so check up on their website and get your order for chicks and eggs placed, you know you want'em LOL.

Thanks for the tour Aubrey and I hope to come back sometime in the spring.

Thanks a lot Clint,
I was very nice to meet all of you today. You are welcome back any time. And yep, hope to get all our new pics loaded and the website eddited and upgraded here in the next week or so. Need to add several more pages to it I think. And to any of you that are close enough, you are welcome to come by anytime. I can talk bird all day!
Like I was saying Clint, I've got to get about 20-30 new pens built this winter, because I do fully intend on working on about 20 new colors or patterns (at least) in the d'anver this spring, well starting this spring. Some will take several generations of select breeding to acomplish, but I'm willing and excited about doing it. Then we have the new Phoenix coming in this spring too, that'll be another 10 color pens or so, shoot, I'm running out of pens already and dont even have them built yet, next time you come back, bring a hammer and some nails!!!
anyway, again, very nice to have met you and your family today, always nice to meet friendly bird folks!
See ya,
Aubrey

P.S.

Oh, as for color selection, do like me, get some of al of them
thumbsup.gif
!!!

Last edited:
Well it sounds like after you get all those pens built, your gonna have to clear more land to get all the pheasants and waterfowl started back up. LOL

I am really interested in getting some of these in spring hope I have room I love buffs, lavenders, porcelian, and cuckoo those pictures are beautiful.

Aw, thanks you guys for the beautiful pics! I would have a hard time choosing between the porcelain D'anvers and porcelain D'uccles! Is there any temperament difference, generally? Can anyone compare and contrast the D'Anvers with the D'Uccles for me? Decisions! Can you believe that speckledhen is trying to decide on a bantam breed???
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom