Dark blob

amymini

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2018
So I am completely new to hatching my own chickens...... I have one egg that the fetus is moving alot in. I am on day 14 and the others dont have blood rings but all I can see is a dark mass no movement.... I dont keep them out of the incubator long though so I may not have been patient enough and the eggs are brown so I'm hoping I just can't see it also the veins all look good no blood ring that I can see

I can't say for sure what that means, but I do know that I had some that, up until right before they hatched, I had seen little to no movement in, though I had seen veining. If it were me, I would leave the egg in the incubator up until a couple days after everyone else hatches, if that one doesn't end up hatching right along with them. I know that it's been said that eggs can explode if left inside and that an exploded egg is capable of some serious damage, but I've never had that issue and I always wait a couple days after the other eggs hatch to remove the ones that didn't.

I'd only worry if there's a smell or there's liquid between the air cell and the mass that looks cloudy or murky. That's almost always a sign of passing that late in the process .

Back
Top Bottom