Dark Brahma?

G-Money1572

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2016
This was my McMurray mystery chick. Based on the feathered feet breeds they have available I'm feeling like I've got a dark brahma. But I'm curious if anyone can confirm that?

Is there any way to tell at this age what sex it might be? There is no hint of a comb on its head at all yet.

Thanks!

Right now, it looks more like it is a Dark Brahma crossed to an Easter Egger. The head coloring looks predominantly EE to me. The wing coloring could be an EE color as well, but I do see the feathers on the feet. My best guess is this is an EE and is just one of their many crosses (Brahma x EE) to create the Easter Eggers.

Sex is a little hard to tell. You will have to wait a little bit longer and updated photos as it grows.

That is a dark brahma. You will have to wait till it feathers in for the gender. The females have penciled breasts, and the males will come in with blotchy black chests.

Interesting. I hadn't considered the fact that they might have a cross. Fingers crossed it is actually a dark brahma. I only raise Cornish X, and aren't set up sir layers so I am going to need to give this one away. It seems like I can get takers on that if it's a brahma, not sure on the EE.

Here's a few more pics. There are a few breast feathers coming in, and they seem to be pretty similar to the wings. It will be interesting seeing what if grows into.

Back
Top Bottom