Dark Brahmas

GinaNew York

Songster
8 Years
May 22, 2012
New York/CT
This is Ethel shes seven months. Ive read this breed matures late. Do you think shell get much bigger? I adore this breed, theyre always by
20171028_130911.jpg
you talking and demanding treats and attention

Brahmas do mature late. They may not fully mature until two years of age.

Whether she gets bigger or not will depend on where you got her - hatchery brahmas really don't have the size of nice, well-bred brahmas. My hatchery brahmas weren't really that much bigger than my other chickens. However, I now have a very nice pair of light brahmas from show lines, and at four months old, they are my biggest chickens and still growing.

Brahmas do mature late. They may not fully mature until two years of age.

Whether she gets bigger or not will depend on where you got her - hatchery brahmas really don't have the size of nice, well-bred brahmas. My hatchery brahmas weren't really that much bigger than my other chickens. However, I now have a very nice pair of light brahmas from show lines, and at four months old, they are my biggest chickens and still growing.
Id love to know the show breeder because at some future date well add more. These babies are from agway

Right now I have 7 month old Buff Brahma, and she is growing sloooowwww! LOL. I am partial to the Dark's tho. They seem to have such a fierce looking face. Here's my Pidgey
View attachment 1173769
she is beautiful - I adore the buff and the dark brahmas - and yes, the darks have that eagle look to them, mine are seven months too, I wonder if different colors are different sizes

Back
Top Bottom