Dark Cornish Hen Yellow Poop

Mellthatcher

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2020
My chicken has had a normal consistency poop but it’s like a brighter yellow for the past couple weeks. We have not figured out what is wrong with her or how to help her. We talked to a vet tech and she said it was coccidiosis but after treating the flock with Amprolium I have not seen any change. I do not know what to do any longer and I’m afraid that I’m going to lose her.
She has been more lethargic than the others. She’s not been able to keep up with the flock and gets separated from them or stays closer to the coop when they go out to free range. I haven’t noticed anything else besides the lethargy and the poop.
I’ve looked at poop charts for chickens but haven’t seen anything that is similar to her

Attachments

• B7016419-BE00-46FB-BC6D-FFCDE97A5E41.jpeg
    B7016419-BE00-46FB-BC6D-FFCDE97A5E41.jpeg
    717.4 KB · Views: 16
How old is your hen? Does she lay eggs? To me those yellow urates in her droppings look like a hen with liver disease. That might be from egg yolk peritonitis, cancer, ascites, or fatty liver disease, but many things can cause liver problems. She may be suffering from a reproductive disorder that is making her feel tired. I would make sure that she is getting enought to eat and drink, and make her comfortable.

I believe she is around 25 weeks. She has no laid any eggs yet and neither has the other chicken that I got her with at the same time. I got them as starter pullets around 11 weeks old.
i have been wondering if it could have something to do with her liver. Is there anything I can do to help her?

Back
Top Bottom