Dark Cornish-White Rock cross?

I'm also looking for ya'lls information and try to share some let's see what happens lol! My dark Cornish are also from Murray McMurray as is my broiler girl. Spring I will be getting some more Cornish X, Delaware to grow out. I have 1 mature Cornish X hen Boobette lol and 2 mature dark Cornish hens laying everyday with a Dark Cornish Rooster. Also considered utilizing a really nice pair of White rocks what do ya'll think?

(12/16/2015)

"Lavenia" my 8 pound lavender speckled pullet - Pure Dark Cornish over Cornish Rock cross. First egg at 132 days of age or 18.9 weeks of age. Definitely an under sized pullet egg. The Cockerel standing behind her has been mounting her since last week. F2 generation hopefully on its way.

(12/16/2015) "Lavenia" my 8 pound lavender speckled pullet - Pure Dark Cornish over Cornish Rock cross. First egg at 132 days of age or 18.9 weeks of age. Definitely an under sized pullet egg. The Cockerel standing behind her has been mounting her since last week. F2 generation hopefully on its way.
That's Great!!The birds are Beautiful!!

Great project, have you hatched anymore from this cross ?
Yes, I hatched 16 then moved the mom - "Lavenia"

in with my Pure Dark Cornish cock bird "BamBam"

to make 3/4 Dark Cornish.
A more predictable outcome.
When you cross a 50%DC/50%WCR back to the same mix there are three outcomes:

25% will be a Dark Cornish type
50% will be a 50%DC/50%WCR type
25% will be a WCR type

When you cross a 50%DC/50%WCR back to a Dark Cornish they are all 75% Dark Cornish-more predictable type.

Later I will move her back with a different cockbird - Bob who is a 50%DC/50%WRC

Back
Top Bottom