Dark Knight came home!!!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Well my muscovy hen Dark knight is home! I cant say that being a wild ducky is a bad thing because she looks absolutly gorgeous!!! Her carnucles are starting to come in, and gosh, i just cant believe how stunning she is! I dont know how long she is staying, and my camera is dead, but im glad to watch her while she is here. There was a little bit of cotroversy(sp?) Where my drake Monty attacked her but - DAM*! She is like a velociraptor! SHe jumped into the air and landed on his back, pinning him to the ground with hert claws and pecking him with her beak! He is fine , but I dont think ill be clipping her wings. SHe can take off from a stand still nto the air and well - I just coldnt take away her freedom. ALl I can hope for is she will come back and stay with me in the spring so I can have her brood some eggs. If not, then all I can look forward to is her bringing her ducklings for a visit since she knows there is always food and shelter.

But she is happily eating out with the others right now, establishing her role as Queen of the flock.

wee.gif

I just love hearing your duck stories Goat_Walker, you always have some.
big_smile.png
Glad that she is doing great and is nice and healthy. Darn batteries!
somad.gif
I bet she is beautiful.

My best duck stories are only when they try to fly or chase off our cat since they are bigger then her now.
tongue.png

Dark knight is my very first scovie. I never clipped her wings and it started out where she would just fly around the yard. Then the yard became the house. Then the house became the neighborhood. So basically she just flies off. Used to come home every night but since then has decided she liked it better not being locked up at night.

My white scovie female can fly out of the fenced in pen from a stand still, so im going to have to clip her wing.

Back
Top Bottom