Solved Dark Mode: Can We Have It?

Would you be interested in BYC having light and dark modes available for users?

• Total voters
Meanwhile... 🫥
Screenshot_20230111_120041_Chrome.jpg

Because you're a phone peasant?

I mean I still think a dark mode should be an option to be enabled. There's someone who works here at the university with partial albinism and he has all kinds of software and equipment to allow him to look at and read things on a computer. I'd imagine that dark mode helps websites comply with ADA compliance so that people with visual impairments can read as easily as those who do not.

But in the meantime, this is at least better than this...
The Original Series GIF by Star Trek

every time I pull up BYC.
Hey. At least this phone peasant has a blue light filter on their peasant phone.

Excellent at night when you're watching TV in your dark living room, and browsing your chicken site...as your husband is talking and randomly says.."you're not even listening."
Get out of my living room! 😂

I voted yes for options.
The internet is plagued with biased pros and cons articles, but, for me, I am most interested in the health effects of dark vs white mode and not so much power conservation.
Linked below is marginally less biased article that explains the functional impact of white and dark mode on the eye. It’s particularly interesting point was regarding astigmatism, a common problem of a misshaped cornea which gradually occurs and goes unnoticed for some time, explaining why many people (myself included) find it harder to read in dark mode. There’s a little bit about effect of blue light on melatonin production but not in any detail, however the impact can easily be deduced.
https://www.androidauthority.com/dark-mode-1046425/

Back
Top Bottom