Das Hühnerhaus

Finished up most of the wiring. Just need to connect it at my detached garage. Lights in the shed and coop, two security lights on both ends, two GFCI outlets (one under the porch and one in the pen), and a ceiling fan.
cool.png

Light above the roost:

Took the girls out to the pen for the first time today (they're right a seven weeks), using a dog kennel to transport them. Couldn't get them back into the kennel, so they are going to stay out there. Low's are in the 40s this week, and I left the Brinsea plate out there.

Big girl feeder and waterers are in work...

Also, for the latch, I found a solution for not locking myself in the coop. I used a bread twist tie (actually from toy packaging), string and wire didn't work, but this is working great.

Cool!!

What's holding that water bottle up?

Better stash an extra pair of wire cutters in the coop somewhere ;-)

Thanks for the compliment aart.

Got the lights all hooked up. I had to take apart three connections and the entire ceiling fan, because the remote wasn't turning it on. After I verified all the connections and checked power with a voltmeter, I was about to package up the light to take it back... Should have read the instructions first! DOH! I had to program the remote... Wasted about an hour. DW made sure I knew I was a moron... ;)

Here are some pics:

Wire hanging out the window is for the Brinsea plate, which could be plugged into the pen outlet, but I was too lazy to switch it.

Coop and ceiling fan lights:

Let there be light!!

Big girl waterer and a temporary feeder. I'm making the no-mess feeder with the bucket and PVC street connections, but I read that the girls need to be a little bigger before they can use it. The temporary feeder makes a huge mess, so I may see what I can make work with the bucket set up. The waterer has seven nipples on the bucket for 12 chickens. We're over the limit on sq-ft per chicken, but the extended pen is in work, and I'm hoping the attached pen is sufficient for adding "coop" space, since we're in Alabama and they should never be cooped up for more than a day. We really want to keep all 12...

Next is cleanup, extended pen, gutters, water barrel, then some landscaping.

Lovely coop! I look forward to the landscaping and seeing what you do next. My initial landscaping was followed by digging up all the plants and trying to get them to recover behind the pool fence.
: )

WOW that's alot of light!!

Thinking about the a water bottle on a rope....doesn't it swing when they peck at it?
Maybe your's is big and heavy enough for that not be an issue...mine are much smaller, rope won't work.

Back
Top Bottom