Database of BYC member locations? Or a way to "search" better? HEELLP!

Suellyn

Crowing
15 Years
Nov 7, 2008
SouthWestern PA
Hi, all!! I am new and having trouble finding BYC members in my area, within driving distance..

I have used the "search" feature with keywords, names of locations, etc., plus looked on this "where am I? where are you!" board, and have gotten lots of useful information, and found SOME BYC-ers near me, but the thing is, I'm sure that there are MANY more..

Is there any listings/database specifically to see where everyone is? I know a lot of members have "location" listed under their username, but it seems "search" doesn't pick up on it, since it is not actually in the title, or body, of the text/posting.

I am also having trouble with the search function recognizing "PA" as a word; if I put it in the keyword space, it gets kicked back, telling me that I have to enter a word or author... (??)
idunno.gif

HELP!!!!! I am admittedly really challenged when it comes to computers, message boards, etc... !!!
he.gif

I am basically looking for someone in Southwestern PA, to buy a VERY FEW hatching eggs from (3 or 4 Buff Orps, 3 or 4 Silkies), and would rather just go and pick them up from someone, as opposed to ship.

I will post on buy-sell-trade eggs, but it would be SOOOOO easy if I could just browse thru all the SW PA-ers, see who has what breeds, and PM a couple of them to see if I could buy a couple fertile eggs from them...

???? Thanks much for any suggestions!!
smile.png
Suellen

Some folks have started a "state" traders thread - there is a couple of them going (we have a Kentucky Traders) for instance)

maybe you can open a thread for PA Traders and see who posts to it?

good luck
smile.png

meri

Since you are getting an LG bator (I saw your thread about that in the incubation forum) you might want to think about getting a few more eggs of each kind than you want to keep. That's because a) it's possible that not all the eggs will hatch; b) it's possible a chick or chicks won't make it after the hatch (stuff happens, you know!); and c) because you are hatching instead of buying sexed chicks, you will inevitably wind up with some cockerels, so hatching out a few more eggs theoretically increases your chances of getting closer to the amount of pullets that you want to wind up with.

Good luck with your project!
smile.png

Many members do not list their location and it is not required when registering for the forum.

Searching by location is not a feature currently supported in the search parameters.

What about starting a Frappr map? It's voluntary, and would let people who don't mind indicating their location be more readily available to those who are searching.

Suellyn
New Egg
E-mail PM

First thing I notice is you do not list your location either

If there is something in particular you wnat/need you can always start a thread wanted green chickens in columbus ohio, but I would put your actual location or everyone in colubus will be trying to sell you chickens.​

Crap!!!! Good point!!! I have posted with my location multiple times, but didn't realize it wasn't showing up under my "username" like it does for a lot of members !!! ????

I will try to figure out how to get it on there (maybe I skipped a step when registering or something??), again... I will be the first to admit that I am "technologically challenged"!!
he.gif

Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom