Date help for a new guy please

77bronco

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Hi, I'm just a new guy and totally new to the exciting world of chickens. I've been reading as much as I can and just got a new BRINSEA Eco20. I'm getting ready to set my first batch in an hour or two and was wondering if someone could tell me my lockdown date and hatch date. I really don't want to mess anything up so I thought I'd ask for help. Thanks in advance and this is a.great site.

oh and
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome! I would say tomorrow is day one since you started after noon. That would make June 5 your hatch day.
I'm not sure about the lockdown date since I am still confused if lockdown is the morning of day 18 or evening of day 18. Anybody know?

Today is Day 0 (zero). Tomorrow around this time is Day 1 (after 24 hours incubating). Today is Saturday, and is the same day of the week as Day 21, the "average" Hatch Date, which would make Day 18, Lock-down, the 1st of June. See how Day 21 falls on the same day of the week as the day of the week you set the eggs? On Saturday, June 4th.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help and welcome! I'm up to temp and humidity is looking good. I sure hope these baby Australorps make it.

Back
Top Bottom