Day 1 - I filled my incubator

Olive

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Okay, I just fill my incubator with my BO eggs. I have never tried to hatch any of their eggs. They are know 9 months old now. I'm hoping my cockeral is doing his job. My DH doesn't think any of the eggs will hatch. I went out and got a water wiggler. I've been running my incubator almost a whole week trying to get the temp to stablize. I ended up putting a beach towel around the incubator. The temp now is around 98.3 - 100.7 and my humidity is 63%. I so hope I have a good hatch. I usually have a 50% hatch rate. I'm hoping the water wiggler will help. I'll update at day 8 when I cancle. Geez I can hardly wait for day 8.
wee.gif

I bought my water wiggler at Walmart in the toy section for .88. I thought humdity should be between 50 - 65%. I'm not positive. Does somebody else know for sure what it should be? I'm fairly new at this.
jumpy.gif

Hey Olive!
I just put in about 23 eggs from a farmers mutt eggs today! Yea! And then I am getting eggs from Jody that are BO,EE and Buffs in another couple of days and then....I will be getting some more from Lisa. Akkkkk.... I will have more then a bator full and I really hope the hatch goes well.
Since they are all going in at random times they will have different times to be hatched so i am gonna make a hatcher with my DH.
smile.png
smile.png

This is exciting!!
BYW..Buff chicks are just awsome!

Back
Top Bottom