Day 10 question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tigercreek, Apr 20, 2011.

1. tigercreek

tigercreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Egg has no veins on day 10. Cracked open and found yolk thick and stuck to bottom of shell, with a thick membrane, kind of gel like yolk? Was this an old egg or what do you think?? .........stan

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

No just not fertile.

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Quote:Agreed. that is just an old and partially cooked egg. [​IMG]

4. tigercreek

Man, those are shipped eggs. I had several that looked like that, like the yolk was partially boiled, but the white was normal looking. .........stan

5. ichoudhury

ichoudhury Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2011
    Stone Mountain
    sorry to hear that, looks like I'm on the same boat. All your eggs appears that way? or just one?

6. chadr7850

chadr7850 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    thats why i use my own eggs 2 Ros with 7 hens not to many not fertile like 1 out of 20 isnt fertile. Also you dont have to worry about shipping and the chickens health. let me ask do you have any chickens

7. tigercreek

Of the 15 that I got , about 8 did not make it to day 10. Of those, maybe 4 or 5 had the cooked looking yolk. I still have 7 of the shipped eggs going, plus a bunch of others that I picked up and hand delivered. ......stan

Quote:

8. tigercreek

I don't have any hens now, I'm trying to get another start, and wanted this special line. I just recently lost my flock in a single night to predators. I would prefer to raise my own and plan to when I get my breeders set. ........stan

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by