Day 11/12 - No movement, are they dead?

SpinningJenny

Chirping
Apr 6, 2016
Oh, help! My babies!

I've got a dozen eggs in a Hova Bator 1620 incubator. One I am pretty sure was infertile. The others were developing nicely and all had movement and veining until last night, when the darkest of the brown eggs (a Maran, I think?) had very little or no movement. I couldn't be 100% certain, because dark shell plus the slight movement of my hands could have shifted the egg's contents. I left it in and candled them all again tonight.

I candled it again tonight and I *think* it's dead. No movement, seems the darker area is in the same position as last night. So I checked the rest and now there are THREE not showing any movement and the very odd thing is, is that they look almost empty? They look almost like they've reverted back to day one, with just a sort of darkish area, and then nothing at all to see in the rest of the egg.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Have these guys quit on me? I'm really sad about the Easter egger. I was so looking forward to blue eggs! I'd love any info or images for reference. Thanks! Off to search for more posts to help me learn what might be happening.

barnie.gif
hit.gif

How many days incubation are you? Does it look anything like this:

You can still see the embryo, but there is no longer and veining and the egg is back to being more translucent.

At least one of them looks very close to that image, yes. The others have dark shells so it's hard to see any detail with my flashlight, except a dark area, and a very empty looking rest of the egg...

At least one of them looks very close to that image, yes. The others have dark shells so it's hard to see any detail with my flashlight, except a dark area, and a very empty looking rest of the egg...
The pics were a quitter, day 8 I believe of the hatch that I am on. Usually a dark mass with clear surroundings and no veins signifies a quitter.

Back
Top Bottom