Day 11 Candling

ZuniBee

Songster
12 Years
May 8, 2007
Zuni, Virginia
Today is day 11 for my eggs in the incubator. I had 21 eggs from Speckledhen and 10 from my Jersey Giant eggs.

I just finished candling and out of 21 eggs from Speckled hen 19 are fertile and looking good!!!!! One was clear and one had a blood ring. Talk about a great fertility rate!

Out of my 10 Jersey Giant eggs 9 are fertile and looking good! Only one was clear and it was the first egg collected. (I number them by hen) So I'm very happy with their fertility as well.

Don't know what I am going to do with all these chicks! Promised DW this will be the last time I hatch chicks in the incubator for a while..... still trying to figure out how to tell her the broody may hatch 9 more a few days after my bator hatch ......
cool.png

wow that is great. I hope you have a really good hatch. Know exactly what you mean about telling DH. Mine just asked me today how many eggs I was planning to do on a test batch in Feb. He was thinking about 6 eggs, while I was thinking 18 LOL. Didn't have the heart to tell him I'd also preordered eggs from 2 BYC members for March. Poor guy thinks I've preordered 1 dozen.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Back
Top Bottom