Day 12. Alive or dead?

Neither made it to lockdown. I'm going to wait until my cockerel starts fertilizing eggs and try again. I didn't have a fan or vent holes in the incubator we made so I think that had something to do with it. Also they were shipped eggs so idk how much of a chance they had. Maybe I should post a pic of the incubator and see if people have any suggestions?

Neither made it to lockdown. I'm going to wait until my cockerel starts fertilizing eggs and try again. I didn't have a fan or vent holes in the incubator we made so I think that had something to do with it. Also they were shipped eggs so idk how much of a chance they had. Maybe I should post a pic of the incubator and see if people have any suggestions?
Temp spikes are deadly.

I highly recommend buying at least two more thermometers and calibrating them before you set eggs again.

You should be able to look in to the incubator and see the exact temp in multiple areas at a glance. Having multiple thermometers allows you to do this.

Remember you cannot trust a built-in thermometer or humidity gauge so be sure to buy a separate humidity gauge and salt test it too.

Back
Top Bottom