day 12

elsa123

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2021
i am incubating 6 silkie eggs which are 12 days old, two of them seem to have died and one looks as if it was never fertile. yesterday when i candled them i could swear they were all ok and they all had veins, but suddenly i am only left with three. i have had some problems with my humidity and have been propping the lid of the incubator open a bit otherwise it goes much too high even without water in it. it has been at 50 percent most of the time but sometimes it goes down to 35! it has also been very hot over the past few days which might have cause changes due to the slightly open lid. are they definitely dead ? should i throw them out?
IMG_2830.jpg
IMG_2832.jpg
IMG_2831.jpg

i don't know what happened with this one, i am pretty sure it was fertile

i am incubating 6 silkie eggs which are 12 days old, two of them seem to have died and one looks as if it was never fertile. yesterday when i candled them i could swear they were all ok and they all had veins, but suddenly i am only left with three. i have had some problems with my humidity and have been propping the lid of the incubator open a bit otherwise it goes much too high even without water in it. it has been at 50 percent most of the time but sometimes it goes down to 35! it has also been very hot over the past few days which might have cause changes due to the slightly open lid. are they definitely dead ? should i throw them out?
View attachment 2766310View attachment 2766311View attachment 2766314
i don't know what happened with this one, i am pretty sure it was fertile
Sorry, but they look dead. @sweaterthebroodyrooster

I'm really sorry, but I have to agree. It sounds like you have a cheap/bad incubator, what brand is it? Did you get it new or used? Again I'm really sorry :hugs
It’s actually a brinsea. I got it new last year and hatched six chicks ! This year has been much harder with the humidity. I never had to lift the lid and watch it so much, it’s in the very same spot too. Thank you , I am keeping my fingers crossed for the others

I don't think it matters A LOT what the company was (but I see what you mean). There can be other factors such as humidity or somebody shaking the embryo.
I think it has to be the humidity. I have been very careful with the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom