Day 13 - Candling Report!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mangled, Apr 25, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

25 good eggs at day 13!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My husband and I stood in front of the incubator and marvelled at the little babies we could see swimming around in there. [​IMG]

Some of the eggs are almost completely filled with chick, while other eggs still have a lot of space to grow. I assume it's simply the difference in the breeds? They're going to ba a barnyard mix, a BO roo over BR, RIR, SLW, EE and black australorpe.

So, next week this time, we'll be waiting on PIPS!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Em

2. RoostersCrow

RoostersCrow Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now the torture... [​IMG]

Keep us posted

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Good Luck hatching your eggs.

4. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck mangaled! Did you put them all in at the same time or did you stagger them?

5. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Woohooo!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Doesn't that make you so happy to see all those little babies inside there!?
    Good luck with the rest of the hatch! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

I put them all in at the same time. We just took 2 days egg collections and put them all in. We started with 29.

Both the eggs from my RIR hen never developed. She's alpha female in our little flock, and the more I think about it, the more I think that our roo doesn't even mess with her. I've never seen him breed her, so who knows. I was hoping for a couple of her babies, she has such personality.

Em

7. Grillmaster33

Grillmaster33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Triad, NC
    Congrats.
    My first ever batch was a bust.

I am on Day 10 of my second hatch. I candled today and there was one definite blood ring, from a very porous egg.

There's one that has seemingly stopped moving, and another (Ameraucana Bantam) which is too dark to see through, though it looks infertile.

But 12/15 ain't bad!
    Keep your fingers crossed!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by