Day 15 how do you tell the duds from the good ones...

Whitewinterwolf

Songster
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Massachusetts
One of the eggs in my little batch is not growing like the rest of them, I have heard about late bloomers and so on, but how can you tell if its its a dud verse a late hatcher?
The eggs I have all have a dark chick center, but this one is pretty clear and I don't see any veins?

thebanthams

Songster
9 Years
Jun 12, 2010
Safford, Arizona
I waited 24th day to hope they will hatch. ( they were fully formed but died) Not sure how I lost them, but temps makes it tricky. I am trying again for the second time.

Provident Acres

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 28, 2011
Live Oak, FL
One of the eggs in my little batch is not growing like the rest of them, I have heard about late bloomers and so on, but how can you tell if its its a dud verse a late hatcher?
The eggs I have all have a dark chick center, but this one is pretty clear and I don't see any veins?

Day 15 and clear with no veins is definitely a dud.

Melissa Rose

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
South Texas
Here is a link to a really good page with candling pics for each day of incubation. Right now the pics are missing due to the forum move but I bet they get it fixed really quick
love.gif
hugs.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/candling-pics-progression-through-incubation-of-chicken-eggs

Want Less

Songster
9 Years
Mar 24, 2010
New Bern, NC
Here is a link to a really good page with candling pics for each day of incubation. Right now the pics are missing due to the forum move but I bet they get it fixed really quick
love.gif
hugs.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/candling-pics-progression-through-incubation-of-chicken-eggs

I've been waiting for that page to be put back together too... I've been using it to compare the progress on our eggs because it's so good. Hopefully the pictures will magically appear soon!
fl.gif

Top Bottom