Day 16 & Wiggling???

thumbsup.gif

I might be wrong but I have a feeling that some eggs might hatch early especially the silkies as they are developiDevelopin g so fast than the sabelpoot eggs

Latest update....out of seven eggs, two pipped yesterday evening, and two more pipped very early this morning. So far so good, lots of peeping going on in there :). Thanks again Bugglesmommy for the great advice.

Will do. Hopefully they don't make us wait too long; the suspense is killing me.

I might be wrong but I have a feeling that some eggs might hatch early especially the silkies as they are developiDevelopin g so fast than the sabelpoot eggs
These two hatched on day 20, about 30 hours early, and were in fact the only chicks to hatch of the original seven eggs incubated.
http://s176.photobucket.com/user/TheRealHawkeye/media/ChicksHatched_zps75b1c43d.mp4.html They were completely healthy and normal, and are now doing great.

Well, I did have one other hatch at exactly the "right" time, but it was badly deformed (no eyes, deformed beak and head, incompletely closed abdomen resulting in the yolk and other bodily fluids eventually completely leaking out) requiring euthanasia. I don't know what I did wrong. First effort.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom