Day 17, should my egg look like this?

I'm using a Janoel12 incubator, I was looking for movement but I didn't really get to see much, and it's been quite cold and wet, it's even been cold inside! And we also run a dehumidifier, so I don't bring them in all the time. But if there is a live chick do you think it could be in the wrong position? Sometimes when I check that egg it has a bit more black taking up the inside annd, sometimes there isn't.

I'm using a Janoel12 incubator, I was looking for movement but I didn't really get to see much, and it's been quite cold and wet, it's even been cold inside! And we also run a dehumidifier, so I don't bring them in all the time. But if there is a live chick do you think it could be in the wrong position? Sometimes when I check that egg it has a bit more black taking up the inside annd, sometimes there isn't.

Do you mean you're running your incu outside, in the coop/garage?

They do move around in the egg so it's hard to say if it's in the wrong position or not unless you can spot a beak/foot not in the right spot while candling. Or until they pip the shell.

Do you mean you're running your incu outside, in the coop/garage?

They do move around in the egg so it's hard to say if it's in the wrong position or not unless you can spot a beak/foot not in the right spot while candling. Or until they pip the shell.

Yes the incubator is outside I just have the heat a little higher then 37.5 since it's cold.

uhhh, I can't say 100% for sure, but most likely eggie isn't gonna hatch. Outside temps go up and down a lot. Store bought incu's are made to run in a temperature controlled setting. Like inside your house.

I would put it inside but i'm not allowed to because, somehow dehumidifiers are more important than chicks.

Back
Top Bottom