Day 18..Can't get my humidity up...HELP!!

armyturner

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 25, 2008
I am on day 18 today. I have a LG bator. I removed my turner today, refilled the water wells and added 3 additional small bowls of water but still only have 53% humidity. Will this be enough, or do I need to add more water (and if so, what is the best way to add the water)? The eggs are looking good so far, so I don't want to ruin them at this point.

Thanks

Usually the temps and humidity will go down when you remove the turner on day 18. I always wait til evening of day 18 to remove the turner, add the eggs back in and fill my wells and add a wet sponge. Give the bator til morning to see if the humidity rises, if not try adding a humidifer if you have one to the room the bator is in, and or another wet sponge, this helps mine in the winter too.

Quote:
Do this and more: make sure your water added is warm, this will help it be converted into water vapor (raising the humidity)

Here's hoping it's a great hatch and they are OK.
fl.gif

i found a good way to raise the humidity.... i soak paper cartons. more surface area and i don't have to worry about standing water for chickies to get into. gets it up pretty good. i was having the same problem with my lg. try that.

Back
Top Bottom