Day 18..Can't get my humidity up...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by armyturner, Dec 24, 2008.

1. armyturner

armyturner Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2008
    I am on day 18 today. I have a LG bator. I removed my turner today, refilled the water wells and added 3 additional small bowls of water but still only have 53% humidity. Will this be enough, or do I need to add more water (and if so, what is the best way to add the water)? The eggs are looking good so far, so I don't want to ruin them at this point.

Thanks

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Usually the temps and humidity will go down when you remove the turner on day 18. I always wait til evening of day 18 to remove the turner, add the eggs back in and fill my wells and add a wet sponge. Give the bator til morning to see if the humidity rises, if not try adding a humidifer if you have one to the room the bator is in, and or another wet sponge, this helps mine in the winter too.

3. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:Do this and more: make sure your water added is warm, this will help it be converted into water vapor (raising the humidity)

Here's hoping it's a great hatch and they are OK. [​IMG]

4. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    i found a good way to raise the humidity.... i soak paper cartons. more surface area and i don't have to worry about standing water for chickies to get into. gets it up pretty good. i was having the same problem with my lg. try that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by