Day 18 incubating

Pics
Cangrats on your first hatchling hopefully the others will start today sometimes you will have some hatch early and others on time or late. There can be warmer and cooler spots in incubator and they develop at different rates.
93667C9C-395C-4A1C-A5BF-D75B7942C486.jpeg
Almost 7’oclock now and I’ve had 2 hatches, the other 2 eggs have no pips or anything (hoping for more action in the morning)
The black one hatched around 3’oclock this afternoon and the light one hatched early this morning
The only thing I’m worried about is that the black one is really struggling to walk? I know it’s only day 1 but should I be worried?

View attachment 2856335Almost 7’oclock now and I’ve had 2 hatches, the other 2 eggs have no pips or anything (hoping for more action in the morning)
The black one hatched around 3’oclock this afternoon and the light one hatched early this morning
The only thing I’m worried about is that the black one is really struggling to walk? I know it’s only day 1 but should I be worried?
It can take a day sometimes to get there strength back after hatching. I use nutri-dench a supplement added to there water for a day or two to get them off to a good start. If you are worried you can also add sugar or if you have molasses added to there water to give them a boost. Hopefully everything will be fine.

It can take a day sometimes to get there strength back after hatching. I use nutri-dench a supplement added to there water for a day or two to get them off to a good start. If you are worried you can also add sugar or if you have molasses added to there water to give them a boost. Hopefully everything will be fine.
Thankyou, I’ll see how they are in the morning. If not I’ll try giving them sugar water. Praying for something from the other 2 eggs now tonight 🙏🏻

It’s almost day 25 now and there was no movement, pips or chirps on the 2 remaining eggs. I decided to candle them and could clearly see there was no movement whatsoever on either of the eggs. I cracked them and found 2 chicks both dead, didn’t look in a great state and one had 3 legs😲 I’m guessing they died around day 18/19 given how they looked. Happy with my 2 chicks anyway and have 7 eggs being delivered for hatching 🤗

It’s almost day 25 now and there was no movement, pips or chirps on the 2 remaining eggs. I decided to candle them and could clearly see there was no movement whatsoever on either of the eggs. I cracked them and found 2 chicks both dead, didn’t look in a great state and one had 3 legs😲 I’m guessing they died around day 18/19 given how they looked. Happy with my 2 chicks anyway and have 7 eggs being delivered for hatching 🤗
Sorry to here about your other 2 eggs but congrats on your 2 successful hatchlings and enjoy them. 7 more eggs on the way sounds like you have been bitten by the hatching bug :D Chicken math starting already:lol:

Back
Top Bottom