Day 18 incubating

If this was the case you wouldn't be able to move eggs from incubator to remove egg turners and replace eggs back into incubator for lockdown if they are that fragile at at day 18. Not sure where you are getting that info.
Ive seen many incubators that dont do that? and you can still pick up the eggs. I just said its probably not the best idea to be candeling them like that, many people just dont do that. and like i just said a second ago, i was making sure the person knew you shouldnt be doing this past that, that is definitely risky, and im confident on that.

Yes, its always good to get a headstart on the brooder even At day 15, i do Not recommend candeling at day 18, its very bad for them. From my experince atleast. Try not to candle anymore, it could hurt them. It still keans theywill probsbly hatch at 21, as your not supposed to candle at day 18. so they will be lively.
How rough are you handling your eggs?! It's no worse than any other day. Only issues with candleing that late is try not to open incubator if there are external pips, and the big one..don't drop the egg! :D

How rough are you handling your eggs?! It's no worse than any other day. Only issues with candleing that late is try not to open incubator if there are external pips, and the big one..don't drop the egg! :D
I dont handle my eggs rough at all, i just know that it isnt best to do it at that stage. A lot of people are quoting me for this, the reason im saying dont handle the eggs at day 18 is yes, because of those reasons and because you should be extra delicate. Its more so developed then the other times, i wanted to make sure they know not to candle it past that aswell. Some people say you can, others say you cant, its just what tou prefer i suppose, theres just a few more accidents with doing it that way i think.

I dont handle my eggs rough at all, i just know that it isnt best to do it at that stage. A lot of people are quoting me for this, the reason im saying dont handle the eggs at day 18 is yes, because of those reasons and because you should be extra delicate. Its more so developed then the other times, i wanted to make sure they know not to candle it past that aswell. Some people say you can, others say you cant, its just what tou prefer i suppose, theres just a few more accidents with doing it that way i think.
I dropped one once as we were about to lock down. I caught it but it detached the air cell..totally felt like crap but thankfully the chick turned out fine. In fact she's been dropping eggs for me left and right lately.

Everyone definitely does thing different. You will always be told different things with humidity..temp..how long to leave in incubator before moving etc. My only issue with candling after or during lockdown is just gotta be careful. I hunt and fish, and have never felt as bad as I have when I dropped it and detached the air cell. But thankfully it worked out. My philosophy is you gotta do you haha and definitely sit on your hands and be patient when it's hatch time

I dropped one once as we were about to lock down. I caught it but it detached the air cell..totally felt like crap but thankfully the chick turned out fine. In fact she's been dropping eggs for me left and right lately.

Everyone definitely does thing different. You will always be told different things with humidity..temp..how long to leave in incubator before moving etc. My only issue with candling after or during lockdown is just gotta be careful. I hunt and fish, and have never felt as bad as I have when I dropped it and detached the air cell. But thankfully it worked out. My philosophy is you gotta do you haha and definitely sit on your hands and be patient when it's hatch time
Oh my! That sounds so scary. Im always worried thats gonna happen to ours when hatching. I just find if i can, just to not candle them at day 18, just cause you gotta do it super quick to keep the humity and such in, (again this is for me) being patient is so hard! You always wanna make sure their okay, haha

Thanks for your responses and help everybody. It’s now the morning of day 19 and the eggs are all in different positions from what they were yesterday, is this normal?
Yes, that seems normal! They should hatch soon, on day 20 (or even now) you may hear chirps from inside the egg

Yes, that seems normal! They should hatch soon, on day 20 (or even now) you may hear chirps from inside the egg
I thought I’d heard a chirp earlier but wasn’t certain.
I’ve now set up the cage I’m putting them in
47D05F43-FAD6-46D6-B6E4-31DE767F6756.jpeg

I thought I’d heard a chirp earlier but wasn’t certain.
I’ve now set up the cage I’m putting them inView attachment 2854107
Looks awesome to me! I use the tractor supply circular contianer for ours, that looks awesome. For now, they will probsbly do a small chrip every hour or so, then itll get so often youll think they actually hatched! This is because the mom communicates with the chicks inside the egg.

Looks awesome to me! I use the tractor supply circular contianer for ours, that looks awesome. For now, they will probsbly do a small chrip every hour or so, then itll get so often youll think they actually hatched! This is because the mom communicates with the chicks inside the egg.
I’ve heard people taking about playing chicken noises next to the incubator to encourage them to hatch, is this a load of rubbish or would it work?

Back
Top Bottom