Day 18 of incubating chicken eggs, Chick didnt fill much of the egg!

lisamuller

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
hi, so I candled my eggs today in the morning to see if anything different is happening and if the chicks are alive. I already put them on lockdown. Egg nr. 1 is a light brown you can see through it pretty well and the air sac was getting so much bigger and so was the chick nothing weird happening with this one. Egg nr. 2 the chick was moving here quite a lot but it seemed to me like the air sac did not change since day 17 and there was space left you could see the vitellus. Is that a bad sign? Egg nr. 3 was also doing fine. Please help!

If the air cell is not changing the chick may have passed away. Wait until day 21 then see if it externally pips. If not you can do an eggtopsy on day 22 or day 23.

For now do not mess with them and let them do their thing. The less you mess with them during lockdown the better.

If the air cell is not changing the chick may have passed away. Wait until day 21 then see if it externally pips. If not you can do an eggtopsy on day 22 or day 23.

For now do not mess with them and let them do their thing. The less you mess with them during lockdown the better.
I mean the chick was moving inside the egg, I candled it. And one of the eggs is wiggling a lot and the one I was worried about. I guess everything is okay then. Thank you though.

I mean the chick was moving inside the egg, I candled it. And one of the eggs is wiggling a lot and the one I was worried about. I guess everything is okay then. Thank you though.
Well there’s nothing you can really do at this point besides decrease your humidity. If the air cell isn’t changing your incubator is too high in humidity.

Do you have a hygrometer inside your incubator? Never trust the incubators reading. You need a calibrated thermometer and hygrometer.

You adjust humidity depending on your air cell size. If they’re too large, the humidity is too low. If they’re too small, the humidity is too high. There’s no right or wrong humidity it’s based on what you see for air cell size.

I also had that experience, and all looks A
Alive but they hatch to late and were very week and they died, some never make way out they were alive on day 25 but to week to make way out.☹️ Good luck 😉🐤

I also had that experience, and all looks A
Alive but they hatch to late and were very week and they died, some never make way out they were alive on day 25 but to week to make way out.☹ Good luck 😉🐤
Sounds like your humidity was too high. Try again with a lower humidty. Then increase if the air cells get too large.

Follow this image. It will show you where they need to be
ea07508f8e649c34c1509cceb0fb835f.jpg

I have in incubator 20 shipped eggs and 20 eggs from my flock , egss from my hatch normally 15 of 20. On day 21,22.. probem was with shipped eggs.

I used a homemade incubator that I built on my own. One of the chicks did pip but the pipped on the wron end. I took a piece of the shell off so he/she could breath. It has been 10 hours since it pipped. It is breathing and chirping. Should I do something else, or just wait? No update yet on my other eggs. It is day 19 today. The humidity was always at 50-55% and now is at 63%.

I used a homemade incubator that I built on my own. One of the chicks did pip but the pipped on the wron end. I took a piece of the shell off so he/she could breath. It has been 10 hours since it pipped. It is breathing and chirping. Should I do something else, or just wait? No update yet on my other eggs. It is day 19 today. The humidity was always at 50-55% and now is at 63%.
It pipped on the wrong end.*

Back
Top Bottom