1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Day 18 on my mutt eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicks rule, Mar 9, 2008.

1. chicks rule

chicks rule Songster

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    I set 40 eggs, just candled and removed four, 1 with a blood ring, two clears, and one I dropped another egg on while candling, luckily the one that cracked had quit about halfway through incubation. So if what I think I see is correct I should have some more fluff butts in the next few days???

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You're getting pretty good at this now, Bobbie!

3. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Songster

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    Good Luck on your hatch. I set 40 mutt eggs too and got 34 mutt chicks. These mutt chicks are so cute!

4. chicks rule

chicks rule Songster

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    LOL Cyn, It's about time don't you think???? Like I said, IF what I am seeing is correct, will know in a few days.

Thanks Zuni, I love the mutts too, never know what you may get. And I have got my sights set on some of your hatching eggs in the near future, [​IMG]
    Oh yea, I am giving the egg cartons a try this go around, will let you know how that one goes.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  5. chicks rule

chicks rule Songster

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Well no pics, but, I have seven hatched and seven pipped. Was gone all day, left this morning with four pipped, took Mom to her chemo treatment then we had a new addition to the family and took Mom to see her, and just got home to these gorgeous mutt babies in the bator.

6. Joy1

Joy1 Songster

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    Hope your mum doesn't have too many side effects with her chemo. I managed to sail through mine except severe tiredness for a few days.My best wishes are sent.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by