Day 18 our first hatch, Im so excited but

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Denece&Lacey, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Denece&Lacey

Denece&Lacey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    [​IMG]I let the temp get to high a few days ago so I am hopeing that didnt hurt anything. It wasnt long because I turned it up and went back and checked it and it was too high. Will that hurt anything? I am so excited I hope it dosent.

2. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    It shouldnt have hurt anyone of them it is accordidng how long it was like that and what the temp was outside. Hope all your chicks come out healthy and happy. GOOD LUCK:jumpy

3. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Thanks, We are at Day 21 now!!! Nothing yet. Not this morning anyway. How long should I keep them in the incubator and then when is it safe to put them in with the rest of the chicks and chickens?[​IMG]

4. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I'm new at this but I do know you need to leave them in the bator until they are dry and do not open the bator untill all the eggs are hatched. And just to let you know, my temp went up to 110 and I still have movement. Someone else will get on here that knows more then me and tell you if I am wrong and give you more information. Good Luck and don't forget pictures. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Thanks, well a girl I work with told me like 2 or 3 days!! I wasnt so sure about that. I have had day old chicks mailed to me. So it just kind of confused me!! [​IMG] My fingers are crossed. I will be excited to get home and watch!! Maybe there will be something going on tonight. We will have a watch party!!!

6. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    We have movement!!! Im sooo excited. At least 2 of our cochin eggs are moving. I will update later. We are on day 21!!![​IMG]:fl

7. fowl32

fowl32 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    2 or 3 days...... um no thats crazy.

once the chicks are dry and fluffy then take um out and put in brooding area. thats it.

8. Denece&Lacey

Mar 17, 2008
    Alvord, Tx
    Ok, thanks!! [​IMG]

9. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    If you go back and read some of these forums you will see that you should not open the bator if all the eggs have not hatched up until a certain day. They said you are putting the eggs at risk because you are loosing your humidity and that a chick can live up to 3 days without eating. Maybe thats why you were told 2 to 3 days. If you do a search I'm sure you could find better or should I say more information. Good luck and have fun. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Quote:That is what I was told also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by