Day 18. question on taking eggs out of the turner?????

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I know its late and most chicken people should be in bed but, I need to take out my eggs from the turner today. I have 28 eggs. This is my first time. How do I get them all out without getting the bater cold and how long can I leave them out. I will try and hurry and be carful at the same time. I'm hoping someone can answer my question soon. I will wait until I hear from someone. THANK YOU.

Listen, you will do just fine...take your time...put them on a towel and cover them while you take the turner out....then just set them back in the bator your temps will come back up quickly...make sure you have enough water for your humidity too while you do this....its not going to bother them that much....

Have fun hatching!!...sit on your hands and just watch the action!!...

Don't cry...they will be fine...those little eggs are not that fragile...a hen gets up alot when she has eggs under her that she is brooding...sometimes for an hour and then will come back to them..

I know its hard on you the first time you try hatching but trust me your temps will come right back up..we all have to do this when we hatch....

It's suppose to be fun!!....

hugs.gif
You'll do fine!! Trust me if I can do it, so can you !!

Goodluck!

OK, I am done. I put a a little pan of warm water in now that I have the extra room. It's only about 1/2 inch high. BUT when I went to get the eggs out 2 of them were stuck. I tried to put warm water over them but they did not come out. I have a light on them until I can get the turner apart. Should I put them back in the bater?

I just saw this posting this a.m., sorry... Did the eggs get stuck from a tight fit or were they seeping and stuck?..seeping and stuck you would discard them....Hope you figured it out...Let us know...

I realy don't know why they were stuck. I did get the one out and put it back in the bator. I other one I had to run warm water over it and it cracked it made me sick but I took it to the garbage can and opened it. Nothing there only a broken yoke. I hope they are all not like that. I got them off of ebay and they traveled a long distance. Half of them were a barn yard mix but the ones that were stuck were RIR's. I read in a still air bator the temp should be 101-102. I did have them at that but I did not have the holes closed. I didn't read that until today. I guess I will sit on my hands like I was told to do and wait and see. Thank you all for your help. I will let you know if I get any babies. :
sad.png

big_smile.png
I had no way of candling my eggs SO I took the lamp shade off, I have one of those light bulbs thats supposed to save energy, I took a tissue box and put the box over the light with a hole in the top. AND guess what. I HAVE MOVEMENT. I’m going to wake up my DH and let him know. I did see some eggs that looked bad according to the pictures I saw on BYC. Now how am I suppose to get to sleep? 2 days to go. Thank God.
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom