Day 18 question

Helyro

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Hello,

Well, I am at day 18, so I removed the auto-turner and added more water per Hova Bator instructions. I haven't candled since last week, but the eggs smell good - no weeping, I guess that's a good sign, right? Is there anything else I need to do except wait? When might I hear them peeping? I was fine until now, but the anticipation is really starting!! Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks,

So excited for you!!! Dont worry you will start to see sighns somtimes as early as day 19 or 20. Sometimes they rock in their shell and somtimes they cheep! HA! It is so super cute and then all you can do is put you head in the incubator and just watch.
cool.png

Then your legs and neck get a crick in them and you are still glued!
big_smile.png

So habit forming and now I have my DH going along with me in this. He is building a chicken coop that looks like a gigantic kids play stucture!!!!!!
bun.gif

I just got done with day 21 that was yesterday and now one more hatched this morning(day 22) and total I have 10 chicks!!!! 3 that are Buff from Jody.

Your in for some fun@!
wee.gif

I cannot open the bator at all until hatch? Really? What if I have to add water?

thanks!!

On day 18 you stopped your turning ...were to fill the water trays, make sure your humidity was good, even add a wet sponge to keep the humidity at 60 to 70%... and no your not suppose to open the bator.....

Yes, I did add the water per the instructions - basically the whole bottom has water in it. I won't open it - but what is the reason that you cannot open it?

BTW - One of my eggs is moving!!

Thanks so much,

The humidity level needs to be kept between 60 to 70% to help your chicks get out of the shells without drying out...opening the bator these last 3 days makes your humidity and temp levels go down and thats bad for hatching....it can make or kill a hatch...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom