DAY 18 TEMP DROPPED OVER NIGHT ARE THEY OK???

jj ranch

Songster
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
day 18 is today and i went to go up humidity and it was down to 80 or so. its on its way back up but will they be ok?? i was thinking just because it was cooler in bator, doesnt the inside hold heat better? i dont want another junkie hatch

ok temp is back to normal.. im guessing temp probably went down for a hour but dont think anymore. now for humidity.............dangit stuck at 51 adding with a tube of water and two wet rags and a bowl. i even have wet rags on top of it, i just plugged humidifier next to it. gosh i hope this works to raise it. any suggestions?
pop.gif

How sure are you about the accuracy of the hygrometer? Some people hatch in the 50% - 60% range and don't have problems. The outside humidifier will probably help.

The temp drop may have slowed them down a tad just focus on keeping it even from here on out.

It may be alright yet. Hang in there.
fl.gif

fl.gif
all is where it suppose to be now. i couldnt believe the temp but i did early this morning open and was about to set them to hatch out of bator but foregot i had to run to store and get new temp/humidity thing. so i doubt even then it was more than an hour at low temps. im keeping positive as much as possible.

I have some eggs in and today is day 21. ON day 18 I went to turn off the egg turner and ended up turning everything off. I did that in the morning about 9 am and didn't realize what I had done until about 5 or 6 that night. I was so angry at myself because I was sure I had killed them all.

Today I have 3 peeping out of 7. The others may or may not be ok. There is only one that has pipped but at least 3 are alive at this point. So an hour doesn't sound so bad to me. 8 hours was pretty discouraging.

Hopefully more will be ok. I am so glad I didn't toss them and waited it out anyway. Yours are probably all ok.

Elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom