Day 18...Whoo-hoo! ( Update*****)

Bornacentury2L8

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Cartersville, Ga.
Today is day 18 of my first incubation in my home-made bator, and I candled the 22 eggs and had 18 swimmers. Definite movement!
celebrate.gif
the other 3 were dead, no veins , just blood rings. I know I have a way to go but this is a good sign. Right?..... I feel like a little kid and it's 3 DAYS til Christmas....
he.gif

My kids are excited ... ok me too!
wee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY Congratulations, that is a very good sign for you! I too just candled my Silkie eggs, they were shipped and unfortunately the Post Office did a number on them, 7 out of 11 had ruptured air sacs, and I really didn't expect any of them to develope, but at least 1 is!!!!! Maybe 2! And at least 20 out of 26 of my eggs at day 13 are developing very well too!

Last edited:
This was the first time I had eggs shipped, and I probably shouldn't have picked eggs from virginia, since I'm in California, and thats a long way to travel. I know I will have eggs shipped again, but I think I going to stick to breeders in California, so they don't have as far to travel. Live and Learn. Good luck on your eggs!!

Today is day 18 of my first incubation in my home-made bator, and I candled the 22 eggs and had 18 swimmers. Definite movement!celebrate the other 3 were dead, no veins , just blood rings. I know I have a way to go but this is a good sign. Right?..... I feel like a little kid and it's 3 DAYS til Christmas....he

My kids are excited ... ok me too!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom