Day 18...Whoo-hoo! ( Update*****)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bornacentury2L8, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Songster

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Today is day 18 of my first incubation in my home-made bator, and I candled the 22 eggs and had 18 swimmers. Definite movement![​IMG] the other 3 were dead, no veins , just blood rings. I know I have a way to go but this is a good sign. Right?..... I feel like a little kid and it's 3 DAYS til Christmas....[​IMG]

My kids are excited ... ok me too! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    YAY Congratulations, that is a very good sign for you! I too just candled my Silkie eggs, they were shipped and unfortunately the Post Office did a number on them, 7 out of 11 had ruptured air sacs, and I really didn't expect any of them to develope, but at least 1 is!!!!! Maybe 2! And at least 20 out of 26 of my eggs at day 13 are developing very well too!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  3. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Songster

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Quote:That's great! Sorry about the p.o. I was thinking of having some eggs shipped but with all the horror stories I've heard I hate to waste the money....We'll see.[​IMG]

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    This was the first time I had eggs shipped, and I probably shouldn't have picked eggs from virginia, since I'm in California, and thats a long way to travel. I know I will have eggs shipped again, but I think I going to stick to breeders in California, so they don't have as far to travel. Live and Learn. Good luck on your eggs!!

5. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Songster

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Thanks. You too

6. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Songster

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    Today is day 18 of my first incubation in my home-made bator, and I candled the 22 eggs and had 18 swimmers. Definite movement!celebrate the other 3 were dead, no veins , just blood rings. I know I have a way to go but this is a good sign. Right?..... I feel like a little kid and it's 3 DAYS til Christmas....he

My kids are excited ... ok me too! [​IMG]

7. bock

bock Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    CONGRADS!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by