Day 18 ????

hobbychick

Songster
12 Years
May 9, 2007
Illinois
Tomorrow is day 18 for me. Do I turn the eggs on day 18 or not. I know I do not turn them 19, 20, 0r 21.
idunno.gif

Tomorrow is day 18 for me, too. I put the eggs in my homemade incubator on Feb. 27th at around 4 PM. So I'm hoping they'll start hatching in the afternoon on Friday, the 20th. Tomorrow afternoon, I am planning on taking out the homemade turner and placing the eggs in a cardboard egg flat. Also I'll be adding another sponge for extra humidity for the last three days. Does that sound like the right plan??

Our broody hen hatched six Silkie chicks out of 8 eggs last week. It's much easier letting the hen do the work!

Last edited:
I always wait til late evening of day 18 before taking the turner out or if I hand turn I turn one more time that evening and candle the eggs. Bump the humidity up!

Sounds great. I put them in at 7am on the 27th so I am hoping to have all day friday for them to hatch. I have had some problems w/my temp today but I am hoping I have it all worked out.
fl.gif

I am going to candle tonight and see what I have. I candled 2 nights ago and one of the chicks put its foot up against the side of the egg all spread out. I almost cried. It was so sweet.
love.gif

Good Luck to all that are hatching this week and thank you to all of you that have helped me get through the last 2 1/2 weeks!!!!
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom