1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 18

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jessie Jenkin, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Jessie Jenkin

Jessie Jenkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2013
    Hey i have just taken the turning tray out of my incubator and put the eggs on their sides on the flat surface below the turning tray.
    do you think that will be okay im just a bit worried???

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I don’t know what incubator you have or anything else about your incubation at all, but that sounds like what I do. Is there something unique or special about your incubator that makes yours different than standard incubators?

Have you read the instructions that came with your specific make and model of incubator? If not, that could be a really good source for this type of information relative to your specific incubator.

It sounds like this is your first time. It’s normal to be worried and unsure of yourself. After a few hatches, you’ll find out how tough those chicks usually are.

3. Jessie Jenkin

Apr 24, 2013
    Well it's actually my 3rd time but I have just never taken the tray out before

4. Jessie Jenkin

Apr 24, 2013
    But thanks for the advice :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by