Day 19! Excited and anxious

inufreecs

Songster
Jun 17, 2015
The last time i candled the eggs was on day 17 and all of them were alive and moving. Had a bit of an issue with the air cells being small but i was able to make them a bit bigger before i put them on lockdown and raised humidity. I heard that around this time i might be able to hear the babies peeping but it seems there’s nothing going on yet. I’ve been sitting on front of the incubator and talking to try to get a response haha! If anyone has any stories, tips, or things to look out for please share with me because i can’t seem to keep my eyes off of these guys :’)

The last time i candled the eggs was on day 17 and all of them were alive and moving. Had a bit of an issue with the air cells being small but i was able to make them a bit bigger before i put them on lockdown and raised humidity. I heard that around this time i might be able to hear the babies peeping but it seems there’s nothing going on yet. I’ve been sitting on front of the incubator and talking to try to get a response haha! If anyone has any stories, tips, or things to look out for please share with me because i can’t seem to keep my eyes off of these guys :’)

I know exactly how you are feeling, my little guys just hatched on the 3rd/4th.. I asked these same questions :). But I heard nothing and seen nothing till the end of day 20th when the pips started, and beginning of 21st. When they started making their way out. Congrats 🥳 and good luck!

I know exactly how you are feeling, my little guys just hatched on the 3rd/4th.. I asked these same questions :). But I heard nothing and seen nothing till the end of day 20th when the pips started, and beginning of 21st. When they started making their way out. Congrats 🥳 and good luck!

Aww that’s so cool! I was hoping to have them hatch on the 4th so we have the same bday but my incubator did not arrive on time for that! Congrats with your chicks! 🎉

So...I'm new to this.

You can see them moving near the end? :hmm

What's that about? And are we talking ducks or chickens, or both?

This is pretty amazing.

The cool part, I was thinking about today...sorry if its repetitive is how for the cost of raising a dog or cat, you can use the same resources on close to 10 ducks or chickens. This is absolutely amazing, and you wonder why more people don't do it.

You can't eat the dog and cat....unless you are in Asia. ;P

But getting something that feeds you instead is very cool.

So...I'm new to this.

You can see them moving near the end? :hmm

What's that about? And are we talking ducks or chickens, or both?

This is pretty amazing.

The cool part, I was thinking about today...sorry if its repetitive is how for the cost of raising a dog or cat, you can use the same resources on close to 10 ducks or chickens. This is absolutely amazing, and you wonder why more people don't do it.

You can't eat the dog and cat....unless you are in Asia. ;P

But getting something that feeds you instead is very cool.

Yes, around day 20 or 21 i should be able to see movement and hear chirping as they chip away the shell! Yeah chickens are amazing pets and i love my feather babies a lot! I believe the only reason why they aren’t more popular is that chickens are generally outdoor pets and are a bit messy. I considered getting a chicken diaper for my favorite hen (the grandmother of all my current eggs) so that i could bring her inside but heard i doesn’t work very well haha

What was your humidity at, and what did you raise it to?

Humidity started off going between 40% to 55% before i got it to be steady at 30-40. Since lockdown humidity has been steadily between 65% - 67%
Yeah, that’s the hard thing is keeping the humidity even like a broody. We set eggs and that has been harder than the temp. I like having the babies in a box in the house so we can pick up & love. When our hen raises them, I feel like I’m disturbing them.

Back
Top Bottom