Day 19 pip, middle of egg

Have a chick that external pipped this morning at 9:40AM, right in the middle of the egg, not near the air cell. I am wondering about the chick's position, and ability to get out on it's own. It hasn't made much progress. I am going to wait until tomorrow to step in, since it's so early. But I was wondering if others have had successful hatches when chicks pip in the middle of the egg.
My hatching was perefect in january, I lowered my humidty for the last hatch by 5°. Started getting pipping like yours in the middle of the egg, away from the air cell. So on my next hatch I put my humidity back up. They hatched fairly well on their own. One got stuck and i had to help at the end. I dont know what the issue is. I have one today that did it too. I mark my air cells. Its cherping so i know its alive. I have the Nurture Right 360. So these small silky eggs may not be turning properly. just a guess. I could use some advice also. My incubator says 50% humidity then 70% at lockdown.

Attachments

• 164511799877136871218229741965.jpg
    164511799877136871218229741965.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 1
I've got the same going on now, Pipped last night on the side. I peeled away enough of the shell and used coconut oil to keep the membrane nice and moist. It also helps to see when the veins shrink enough that I can break lil one out of jail. He's definitely headed in the wrong direction.

I've got the same going on now, Pipped last night on the side. I peeled away enough of the shell and used coconut oil to keep the membrane nice and moist. It also helps to see when the veins shrink enough that I can break lil one out of jail. He's definitely headed in the wrong direction.
given some time he can do it! Sometimes they need help but not always. I just had another one and he zipped very well!

Back
Top Bottom