Day 19 quail eggs. STILL NOT HATCHED!!

He might just be exhausted. Let him rest up and fluff up, but if he's moving around with them still shut maybe dab them with a wet Q-tip in case he's got egg gunk glueing them shut.

Awesome photos! :thumbsup

He might just be exhausted. Let him rest up and fluff up, but if he's moving around with them still shut maybe dab them with a wet Q-tip in case he's got egg gunk glueing them shut.

Awesome photos! :thumbsup
Thanks, you have helped me so much. If you want you can give me a name for one of them as you have been a really big help

hi plz! Help my quail eggs aren’t hatching I dropped one from my hand accidentally yesterday it broke some white stuff came ours but there were alot of blood and yellow liquid it’s day 20 none of my eggs are pipping I candles them and they seem ok plz help!

Oh no I accidentally broke the membrane a bit I tried keeping it wet to help it somehow I triedto keep it under heat but when I opened it it was just half formed! It was so awful anyways thnx for a quick reply

You don’t say which quail you are hatching. Different ones have different incubation periods. Could that be the difference?
Hatching times:
Coturnix Quail: 16-18 days
Button Quail: 16 days
Bobwhite Quail: 22-23 days
Gambel's Quail: 22 days
Mountain Quail: 24-25 days
California Quail: 22-23 days
Blue Scale Quail: 23 days
Montezuma Quail: 24-25 days

Hope you have some action soon with your eggs :fl
I have coturnix and its the morning or 19 and not a sound and no movement . It looks like the thin ends might be pointing down.

My niece was given a dozen coturnix quail eggs. We are at day 19 and still no sign of them hatching. 2 of the 12 had been cracked and did not finish developing (we removed them on candling day - day 10). The other 10 all looked like they were developing normally. But now it is day 19 and not even a pip or wiggle.
I have a Brinsea incubator that keeps the temperature and humidity very steady. What could have caused them to fail? I have not stopped the incubator yet, but I am growing concerned that her little quail are stuck in their shells or something.

Got home from appointment today and they are starting to pip! I think we will have babies by tonight or tomorrow morning!

Back
Top Bottom