Day 19

BarredRocks3

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
New Hampshire
I have been incubating my eggs for 19 days, about 3 of them have piped already, I candled on egg and forund this,

The top half of the egg is fine and the bottom half is a total mess, the chick is still moving around, what has happened?

I have been incubating my eggs for 19 days, about 3 of them have piped already, I candled on egg and forund this,

The top half of the egg is fine and the bottom half is a total mess, the chick is still moving around, what has happened?
Sorry to say, but to me, that egg looks like a loss. Are you sure the chick is moving and not just sloshing around when you move the egg around?? hhhmmmm

So I took the egg and place it in a bowl to crack open and examine with my family because I saw no movement, when I place it in the bowl the egg freakin peeped! Should I help the chick or let it be?

Last edited:
So I took the egg and place it in a bowl to crack open and examine with my family because I saw no movement, when I place it in the bowl the egg freakin peeped! Should I help the chick or let it be?
WHAT?! That's crazy, It looked like a dead in shell to me. If it peeped, put it back and in hatcher and let it do it's thing. YAY.. Keep me/us posted on its development.

Sorry for the delay in my response. Hope I'm not to late.

Last edited:
So this korning when I woke up 2 eggs had piped, I candled the bottom of all the eggs and looked for my weird egg, ALL the eggs were a solid black! I candled all 9 eggs three times and could find it!

Back
Top Bottom