Day 20, and I need help

Purelychicks

Songster
Nov 15, 2022
Arkansas
So our news says there’s going to be a GIGANTIC storm tonight. It’s already lighting bad and trees are falling, and everyone’s power will likely go out. What should I do beforehand/or to help in this situation?if power goes out I don’t wanna lose all my babies on day 20!!

Update/ the powers flickering now and the storms getting worse. It’s flicking on and off and I tried covering the incubator with a towel but for some reason the thermometer said that covering it made the temp drop faster. I feel like that must be a glitch cause that’s obviously not how that works. Is that all I can do?

Before the power goes out, can you use an electric blanket/heating pad to make a nice warm place to put the incubator? Fill a tote with blankets/towels that you've pre-warmed in the dryer? Fill large plastic soda bottles with hot water? Just tossing out ideas.

Before the power goes out, can you use an electric blanket/heating pad to make a nice warm place to put the incubator? Fill a tote with blankets/towels that you've pre-warmed in the dryer? Fill large plastic soda bottles with hot water? Just tossing out ideas.
Thanks !I don’t have electric blankets. Also my dryer is broken 🥲. I’ve been having to hang dry laundry. But I’ll try hot water

probably not a bad idea to at least own a small inverter .. then the bator could be moved to a vehical and powered off its battery .. id start it up every couple hours for several minutes so the battery gets recharged .. be a pita but it could keep things going and save the eggs ...

Back
Top Bottom